#15. Crappy Frap

Posted by Austen on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 11:37 PM
Starbucks has a very popular drink called a Frappuccino. What a Frappuccino is is just a blended drink. At Seattle's Best, we have something extremely similar, or as Red [1] says "Something better: a Javakula."

Well, I often, at least once a day have some stupid tard ask for a Frappuccino. We don't sell Frappuccinos at Seattle's Best. Sometimes I have someone who tries to be cool as says, "I would like one Frap, please." Besides not paying attention to what I just said, they used the word "Frap," which isn't even a word.

Besides selling coffee and being merged with a bookstore, we sell things called Dictionarys. I dare you to pick one up and look for the word Frap. It won't be there, just like gullable [2] won't. That's because they're not in the dictionary.

Just recently I had a little conversation with a woman which went as follows:

Woman: Do you have Frappuccinos?
Me: No, we have Javakulas.
Woman: What's the difference?
Me: Nothing really, only that we're not Starbucks.
Woman: Oh...can I get a Raspberry Latte? [Word-for-word, that is what she said.]
Me: Alright.

I made her drinks and handed them to her.

Woman: Oh, I wanted a Frappuccino.
Me: We don't have Raspberry Latte Frappuccinos [3], let alone Raspberry Javakulas.

The Javakulas that we serve are: Vanilla Coffee, Oreo Cookie, Creme Caramel and Chocolate.

There is no Raspberry Latte Javakula anywhere on the board, so I don't know how she got confused.

So, don't refer to a Frappuccino as a Frap. It's annoying. And make sure you're ordering the correct drink.

----------

1. Apart from being the oldest barista, Red is also a 3rd grade teacher. She literally sucks energy from other people, no offense Red, but any time I am near her, I begin to feel drained. There has been many occasions when my energy was high, and then a few minutes later, I felt tired. I blame this phenomenon on Red. Solely on her. She also likes to make fun of her eccentric students, especially "Wah-Wah-Walter."
2. The correct spelling is "gullible." The word is also written above the desk in the back of the cafe. No one knew of this until I mentioned it. And yes, I am the one who wrote it.
3. Doesn't exist. Just like an Iced Cappuccino doesn't exist.

for this post

Leave a Reply