#11. Fancy a chat?

Posted by Austen on Monday, February 5, 2007 at 10:53 PM
This could possibly go along with manners.

If we ask you how you are doing, it does not mean "What you want?" How are you is simply us asking how you are doing. Here is an example conversation of this:

Me: Hi, how are you?
Customer: Fine.

That's all. It should not go like this:

Me: Hi, how are you?
Customer: I want a Caffe Medici.

Besides confusing the hell out of me with what a Caffe Medici [1] is, you simply did not answer my question. I didn't ask what did you want, or if I could get you anything, I said "How are you?"

Plain and simple. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Also, don't just assume that by me asking how you are, that I beseeching you to place your order, especially when there is someone in front of you, already ordering.

----------

1. A Caffe Medici is a doppio [2] poured over chocolate sauce with an orange (or lemon) peel, and occasionally whipped cream. A doppio poured over chocolate syrup and orange (and sometimes lemon) peel, usually topped with whipped cream.
2. A Doppio is the dumbass' way of saying a double shot.

for this post

Leave a Reply